spice up your weekend
How about a little salsa to spice things up? Chips and salsa may be one of my favorite snacks, but this recipe is also great to add as a side (or ingredient!) to any of your Mexican recipes! I like to mix it up in my Mexican casserole or quesadillas, or as a side with enchiladas or nachos. I pretty much need no excuse to make this as often as possible!
So without further ado…
Grace’s Slammin’ Salsa Recipe
4-5 plum tomatoes, cut in quarters
1/4 large red onion (or 1/2 – 1 whole small, depending on how much you like onion)
1 jalepeño, seeds removed, cut in quarters
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped fine
1 bunch/handful of fresh cilantro leaves (this is my favorite part so I always use quite a bit)
juice from 1 lime
salt & pepper, to taste
Texas Pete or Tabasco sauce for an extra kick (optional)
1. Wash and prepare the first 6 ingredients ingredients. I usually chop everything in large quarters, except for the garlic which I mince or chop very fine.
2. Place all of your ingredients together in food processor.
3. Pulse food processor, stirring occasionally as needed, until chopped up to your desired size. (Try to make sure there aren’t any large chunks.)
4. Pour in to a sealable dish and add salt and pepper to taste. This is also when you may want to add a splash or two (or four or five…) of your hot sauce for an added kick, depending on the heat of your jalepeños.
5. Stir well. Taste often (to make sure you got it right, of course!).
And hope you have a wonderful weekend!